AT&T Doubles Hiring Goal to 10,000

November 15, 2013 |

AT&T Logo

With veteran unemployment higher than that of civilians, it’s important to recognize which companies are making an effort to bridge the gap. AT&T vowed a short time ago to hire five thousand veterans, but with a runaway success of 3,600 employed this year, they’ve decided to double their goal to 10,000 over the next five years.

Proving that skilled labor is seeing increasing job opportunities, AT&T reports that 55% of veterans hired were taken on as technicians. Part of the driving force between this increased need is AT&T’s new Project Velocity IP which aims to enhance its broadband networks. It’s important to note that the other 45% comprise numerous types of positions such as, retail associates, call center representatives, and some are even entering leadership development programs.

As numbers of transitioning servicemembers rise due to the drawdown of operations in the Middle East, AT&T’s goal marks an important step towards welcoming our heroes home. Check out AT&T’s website to learn more about current job opportunities as well as a careers section for military spouses.

About Stephen Bajza

Comments

  1. Ryan G Varney says:

    I am interested in a career with AT&T . I am a US Army veteran who returned from Afgjanistan in July of 2013.

  2. Ryan-I think I found you on Linkedin. Stand by for a connection.

  3. Cannot disclose says:

    My husband was employed with AT&T prior to 09/11. He was activated full time on 09/13/2001 and got out June 2013. He tried to rehire with AT&T had was directed to website and never received a call. AT&T is not hiring Vets.

Speak Your Mind

*